Become an Early Bird




If you're exhausted, waking up early doesn't sound like a great idea at all. In fact, if you are a mom of newborns or kiddos who aren't sleeping through the night, I want you to skip this post. Go get yourself a drink of water, put your feet up, and relax.

For everyone else, getting up early can be a great way to help you recharge your batteries. It seems counterintuitive, but by creating time for yourself, you'll feel better about yourself and feel more energetic. Here are some things you could do if you wake up early:

  1. You'll be able to enjoy quiet in your home. If no one else is up, you get to be by yourself and do what you want.
  2. You can work on projects that you would put off during the day. 
  3. You can eat breakfast in peace.
  4. You can take a shower.
  5. You can exercise.
  6. You can enjoy a beverage without having to hide it or use a cup with a top so it doesn't spill.
  7. You'll be able to accomplish something before the craziness of the day begins.
  8. You may end up sleeping better at night!
Waking up early is all about carving out time for you. A lot of people prefer to have time to themselves late in the evening. That's great if you're a night owl, but there's something to be said for getting a jump start on the day - on your own terms!

My family wakes around seven, so my favorite time to wake up is five. That way I can get ready for the day, do a little exercising, and enjoy some time doing something I'd like to do before the day begins. I usually make that morning time "me" time. If I don't carve out the morning hours for myself, it doesn't end up happening.

For more information on the benefits of waking up early, visit my Become an Early Bird Pinterest board

photo from reclaimorder.wordpress.com.

No comments: